**This is an example from another infectious diseases clinic.**
Our office only accepts physician to physician referrals for confirmed diagnosis. The exception is patients seeking services for PrEP.
To seamlessly set up your new patient consultation, please have your referring provider fax over records listed below:
- Demographic and insurance information
- Office notes with confirmed diagnosis
- Relevant Diagnostic Testing (X-ray, CT, MRI, Scope Procedures)
- Laboratory Results
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Complete Metabolic Panel (CMP)
- Cultures (as necessary, depending on diagnosis)
- Additional lab(s), diagnostic test(s), and/or physician note(s) may be required depending on diagnosis and personal medical history.
Once all the necessary medical records are received, our new patient coordinator will complete the following steps:
- Confirm our providers can properly care for your diagnosis
- Review that we have all necessary records for diagnosis
- Confirm we are a participating provider with your insurance
- Please see list noted below for our current participating insurance contracts. Contact your insurance carrier for absolute confirmation we are a participating provider.
If all appropriate records have been received, the records are given to one of our physicians to review. After the provider has reviewed the records and returned to the new patient coordinator, a friendly team member will call you to notify if are able to schedule an appointment with you.
If you have additional questions, please call our office and we will be more than happy to assist you further.